Business Development Associate
Location Flexible /
Nithio – Go-to-Market /
Nithio is an AI-driven platform for clean energy investment. We have standardized credit risk assessments to catalyze billions of dollars of capital to address climate change impacts and achieve universal energy access. Everything we do is powered by Risk Analytics Engine, which combines customer repayment history, geospatial population characteristics, and Artificial Intelligence to standardize credit risk. Nithio leverages its Engine to both make its own data-driven investments to solar energy companies as well as support investors understand credit risk, scale investment, and match the right type of capital to the right end user to ensure no one is left behind.
Nithio seeks a business development associate to grow our engagement with global institutions providing asset financing in Africa. Specifically, s/he will support the Go-to-market team in identifying new opportunities, managing proposals, building industry partnerships, and cultivating relationships with current and prospective customers.
The role is flexible on location. We currently have offices in Washington DC, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, and London.
- Master Nithio’s product, services, and applications. Be able to effectively articulate our unparalleled value for prospective customers, ideally with personal experiences and relevant examples
- Identify and help capture new revenue by supporting prospect generation and pipeline building for our analytics offerings, including our SaaS product, the Portfolio Portal
- Prepare customer-facing materials and proposals
- Assist in maintenance of internal data management systems
- Help achieve greater exposure and brand awareness for Nithio
- Work with a cross functional team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Investment Officers to identify ways in which Nithio can enhance its engagement with and product delivery to FIs, commercial banks, development finance institutions and large funds through the introduction of new tools, data, financial products, and strategies
- For strong performers, opportunity to manage their own sales and customers
- 1-3 years of successful business development experience, including specific experience with new product sales or client cultivation
- Experience pitching complex ideas
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly understand and articulate Nithio’s product; background in data science, machine learning, SaaS products, credit risk assessment, and African markets is preferred
- Experience in finance, economics, capital markets or working with financial institutions/ development finance institutions is a plus
- Excellent writing skills
- Salesforce experience preferred but not required
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Commitment to grow the company and make progress towards achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Global experience, especially familiarity with African markets
Nithio is committed to embracing the diversity of views and backgrounds that our colleagues bring, and to helping them achieve their professional and personal goals. We believe a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion among our team enables us to better serve our clients and achieve our central mission of increasing access to energy and financial services. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, women, LGBTQ+ people, and/or people with intersectional identities.
Nithio offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.
Nithio recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.