Nithio – Finance
The Analyst will assist senior management to perform market research and financial analysis. The successful candidate will have strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, an ability to translate complex problems into clear frameworks, and an entrepreneurial mindset. As a lean, entrepreneurial company, flexibility and willingness to pitch in wherever needed is critical.
- Provide support to senior management in performing detailed market research, due diligence, and business analysis; prepare analytical products, including presentations, reports, briefings, and other materials
- Work directly with senior management to develop and continuously refine a credit risk framework for analyzing distributed energy service companies (DESCOs) using analytically advanced methods while managing risk/reward dynamics
- Assist in performing credit analysis of the financial condition and credit-worthiness of existing and prospective DESCO clients using analysis of historical and projected financial statements (income, cash flow, balance sheet), P&L, tax returns, biographical data, market information, credit reports and other data; manage client on-boarding, KYC/AML reviews
- Collaborate with Nithio strategic partners (i.e. Fraym.io), data scientists, and clients to analyze consumer payment history, product pricing, and Solar Home Systems receivables to expand, deepen, and refine the Nithio underwriting tool
- Support customized client engagements (e.g., investors, distributed energy companies, policymakers, and development agencies); assist in the structuring, implementation and monitoring of commercially viable financing facilities aligned with risk standards and detailed understanding of the clients strategic and financial objectives
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Nithio credit risk policies and procedures in compliance with applicable local and US regulations and assist the company in achieving satisfactory risk-adjusted returns on its lending portfolio as well as strong internal and external audit results
- Assist in defining the risk tolerance for Nithio, by supporting the creation of the systems to measure, mitigate, manage and limit credit risk exposures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s, or Master’s in a quantitative field (Business, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or in a related field)
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in either investment banking, private equity, debt funds, or corporate finance. Strong analytical skills with financial modeling experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL or R; training in statistical methods, econometrics are a definite plus
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills, with the ability to articulate and present points of view and ideas effectively
- Results oriented individual with a proactive and creative approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize multiple, competing priorities with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to advance discrete projects both independently and as part of a small team
- Entrepreneurial mindset; confidence and can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior executives, external vendors and multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated interest or previous experience working in Africa and/or emerging markets is preferred but not required
- Interest and ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Nithio offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.