We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
Kheiron has offices in London, San Francisco, Budapest and the Netherlands. We are backed by Connect Ventures, Hoxton Ventures, Atomico, Greycroft and Exor Seeds.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards.
The funding will accelerate the roll out and rapid adoption of Mia (Mammography Intelligent Assessment) to address critical challenges in breast screening services.
With the expansion of Kheiron’s solution portfolio, new commercial opportunities and our ongoing partnership and research activities, we are seeking a qualified radiologist to join the Kheiron family as Medical Director for North America.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer and as a valued member of Kheiron's Clinical Team, the role's top focus is to provide clinical leadership for our North American deployments of Mia, Kheiron's AI solution portfolio for breast cancer screening. The successful candidate will have a deep working knowledge of Breast Screening Programmes and associated guidelines for the US (e.g. MQSA, BCSC, ACR, etc.). You will bring an innovative, supportive, and clinical and patient safety mindset to Mia's early implementations and ongoing evaluation, ensuring successful and safe adoption by our North American clinical users.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with our Commercial and Customer Success teams to develop and support new business opportunities and offerings to the market, including leading clinician to clinician discussions
- Working collaboratively with Kheiron's multi-disciplinary deployment team, including the customer success team, sales, product managers, engineers, machine learning, and data science, and providing robust clinical leadership throughout the critical phases of Mia's implementation.
- Identify and set realistic, safe, and achievable clinical outcomes for each implementation project. Act as a clinical resource for our North American clinical stakeholders, troubleshooting with the customer success and sales team any concerns/issues throughout the implementation of Mia and during post-market follow-up.
- Provide a “clinical eye” to initial customer output of any Mia solutions. Make any recommendations to our internal team accordingly to achieve the clinical outcomes defined.
- Participate in the development, delivery and evaluation of education and training materials for clinical users to support FDA regulatory submissions and ensure successful clinical adoption of our solutions
- Capture and communicate key learnings from our site implementations and embed continuous improvement methodologies in all areas of our work
- Provide specialist clinical input into commercial plans and contract specifications to execute our growth plans
- Develop internal clinical education modules and conduct training for internal project teams and colleagues as necessary
- Work with regulatory and other internal stakeholders to complete regulatory filings and other regulatory documentation. Support the regulatory process by contributing medical/scientific information as necessary
- Develop strong partnerships with our customer success team to execute our strategic plan, support deployment and post-sale success, and deliver customer satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with clinical scientists and contribute to the development of North American clinical trials, publications, grant applications, press releases, marketing collateral, and internal briefings as required
- Travel to customer sites with the sales team if needed for critical physician-to-physician conversations.
- Attend and present at industry conferences (RSNA, SBI, etc.) as needed
It would be great if you have:
- Clinical radiology experience in breast screening and other cancer imaging modalities
- Business development experience, within a startup and/or healthcare environment
- Sound understanding of regulatory, scientific, and medical requirements for screening programmes in the US and Canada
- A track record of working with established organisations to deliver and improve cancer screening strategies and services
- Experience working with senior-level managers and clinicians at the national level across the US and Canada
- Demonstrated the ability to be a ‘go-to clinician’
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution of scientific studies
- A dynamic personality with proven leadership and influencing skills, team player
- The ability to work constructively with clinicians, especially radiologists
- Experience being opportunistic: ability to seek out, recognise and pursue new, high value opportunities.
- Exceptional communication skills, and an ability to create impact and forge trusting customer relationships
- Demonstrated a strong understanding of clinical quality and continuous improvement
- The capacity to analyse problems in a logical and structured way, using qualitative & quantitative data
What we offer:
- 🏥 Save Lives - be part of a team that changes the way we care for patients and saves lives.
- 👨🎓👩🎓 Learn-centric Environment - We work in a fast-paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- 📈 Equity - We want you to be part of the Kheiron story and all full-time employees will receive tax efficient equity
- 🖥 Technology - Latest IT equipment as well as any accessories you may need
- 😌 Mental Health - We support mental health through Spill
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.