Senior Software Engineer
We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards, announced September 2020.
The funding will accelerate the roll out and rapid adoption of Mia (Mammography Intelligent Assessment) to address critical challenges in breast screening services in the UK.
You will be a member of our Engineering team working on building our machine learning platform. This team is responsible for building our internal ML platform which allows us to build and train models continuously and at scale.
This is a multifaceted role. You will be working with members of the Engineering, Machine Learning and DevOps teams. You will quickly notice that we are all very passionate and driven by our mission. Together we are going where no-one has gone before. We’re fighting cancer. Lives are at stake. Every person, every task, every day counts.
We are open to candidates who are based anywhere within Europe, this will be a fully remote position.
We'd love for you to join if you:
- Have a familiarity in numerous different computer science fundamentals: data structures, distributed systems & algorithms
- Have experience with large-scale distributed software systems experience and a background in data/machine learning systems
- Are comfortable with coding in a high level language like Java & Python
- Have experience building and managing cloud-based services on AWS
- Have a familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- You believe that done means passing unit & system tests and deployed in productionExperience working in agile development process and test driven development
- Have a minimum of 5 years industry experience in a software engineering role
What we can offer:
- You can be part of a team that literally changes the way we care for patients and save lives
- We offer a fast paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- We offer a competitive salary including equity to make you a partaker of our commercial success
- We care about your personal life - we offer extended parental leave, health insurance for your family through Bupa and mental health support through Spill
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.