We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
Kheiron has offices in London, San Francisco, Budapest and the Netherlands. We are backed by Connect Ventures, Hoxton Ventures, Atomico, Greycroft and Exor Seeds.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards.
The funding will accelerate the roll out and rapid adoption of Mia (Mammography Intelligent Assessment) to address critical challenges in breast screening services.
This role will be reporting directly into our Science Lead, and will be instrumental for Kheiron to be at the frontier of bringing AI to the healthcare industry. As a Data Scientist, you will be sat within an emerging function of the organisation, where there will be great autonomy and influence to drive the direction of this team. In this position, you will have ample opportunity to contribute to scientific research and publications.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensuring that safe AI gets developed and brought to the everyday healthcare practice through thorough analysis of real world datasets and ML model results
- Analysis of real world data, clinical trial results for academic publications
- Involved in the data analysis for the development of Machine Learning models
- Interfacing with clinical and technical teams to translate findings
- Communicating the findings from data and results, including displaying the data visually and intuitively
- Managing a small team with responsibility for future growth plans
- Educating the company about statistical analysis
We'd love you to join if you have:
- Extensive experience of applying statistics in an industrial setting
- A strong statistical background, ideally a MSc, PhD or equivalent in statistics, biostatistics or in a related discipline
- Strong statistical programming skills, with experience in SQL, Python and/or R
- Comfortable with working in spreadsheets (Google Sheets or Excel)
- Proven experience working and querying in large, complex and messy data sets
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work on several simultaneous projects with tight timelines
It would be great, but not essential, if you have:
- A keen interest and understanding of Machine Learning (either professionally or as a side project)
- Experience of working with messy, healthcare/medical data in academia or in a CRO
- A familiarity with analysis in clinical trials
What we offer:
- 🏥 Save Lives - be part of a team that changes the way patients are cared for
- 👨🎓👩🎓 Learner-centric Environment - We work in a fast-paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- 📈 Equity - We want you to be part of the Kheiron story and all employees will receive equity
- 🌴 Time Off: 22 days + the days between Christmas & New Year + 10 bank holiday days
- 🖥 Technology - Latest IT equipment as well as any accessories you may need
- ❤️ Health - We offer premium health coverage for you, your partner, and your children through Bupa
- 😌 Mental Health - We support mental health through Spill
- 👨👩👧👧 Enhanced Parental Leave - Extended maternity and paternity leave
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.