We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
Kheiron has offices in London, San Francisco, Budapest and the Netherlands. We are backed by Connect Ventures, Hoxton Ventures, Atomico, Greycroft and Exor Seeds.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards.
The funding will accelerate the roll out and rapid adoption of Mia (Mammography Intelligent Assessment) to address critical challenges in breast screening services.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with experience in building and growing large scale data platforms. You will have the opportunity to help define our data vision and build our nascent data platform, which is one of the most critical aspects of our business. You will be reporting directly to our Engineering Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Doing the design and development and testing of our data pipeline from ingestion to analytics
- Building tools or leverage existing technologies that help us build a robust and scalable data platform
- Owning the data strategy for storage, versioning, and retrieval of data across the organisation
- Working closely with our ML, Product, Engineering, and Clinical teams to understand their data needs and help build a robust data pipeline that meets their needs.
We'd love you to join if you:
- Have hands-on software development experience with Python, Go, Kotlin or similar languages
- Have experience working with large volumes of unstructured and structured data
- Have a good knowledge of databases, data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift), cloud data lakes (S3, ADLS, Dremio), and distributed computing (Spark)
- Have a great understanding of analytics tools like R, Tableau and Looker as well as programming frameworks like Pandas, Apache Arrow etc
- Have experience working in an AWS or similar cloud environment
- Are able to build robust data pipelines that clean and integrate disparate datasets into a common data lake
- Are curious and always learning!
What we offer:
- 🏥 Save Lives - be part of a team that changes the way we care for patients and saves lives.
- 👨🎓👩🎓 Learn-centric Environment - We work in a fast-paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- 📈 Equity - We want you to be part of the Kheiron story and all full-time employees will receive tax efficient equity
- 🌴 Holiday: 22 days + the days between Christmas & New Year + bank holidays
- 🖥 Technology - Latest IT equipment as well as any accessories you may need
- ❤️ Health - We offer premium health coverage for you, your partner, and your children through Bupa
- 😌 Mental Health - We support mental health through Spill
- 👨👩👧👧 Enhanced Parental Leave - Extended maternity and paternity leave
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.