Clinical Implementation Lead - Breast Imaging
We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards, announced September 2020.
The funding will accelerate the roll out and rapid adoption of Mia (Mammography Intelligent Assessment) to address critical challenges in breast screening services in the UK.
As a recent recipient of the NHSx AI Award, and with new commercial opportunities, we are seeking a practicing part-time UK breast radiologist to join the Kheiron family as Clinical Implementation Lead for the UK. As a member of Kheiron’s Clinical Team, reporting into the Chief Medical Officer, the focus of the role is to provide clinical leadership for our UK deployments of Mia, Kheiron’s AI solution for breast cancer screening. The successful candidate will have a deep working knowledge of the NHS Breast Screening Programme and bring an innovative, supportive and clinical safety mindset to the early implementation and ongoing evaluation of Mia, ensuring successful and safe adoption by our UK clinical users.
What you'll be doing
- Provide strong clinical leadership throughout the key phases of Mia implementation
- Act as first point of contact for our UK clinical stakeholders, troubleshooting any concerns/issues throughout implementation of Mia and during post market follow-up
- Identify and confirm realistic, safe and achievable clinical outcomes for each implementation project
- Work collaboratively with Kheiron’s multi-disciplinary deployment team, including project managers, engineers, machine learning and data science leads
- Participate in the development and delivery of education and training materials for clinical users
- Identify clinical risks throughout the deployment phases and solve clinical change management issues and/or clinical barriers as they relate to deployment activities.
- Establish learning from our site implementations and embed continuous improvement methodologies
- Contribute to the design of clinical trials, publications, press releases and briefings internally as required.
- Support product development processes, sharing insights learned from deployments and post-implementation feedback provided by clinical users
- Provide specialist clinical input into commercial plans and contract specifications
It'd be great if you had
- Experience as a radiologist in breast screening (post FRCR).
- Track record of working with NHS organisations to deliver and improve breast cancer screening strategies and service.
- Experience working with senior level managers and clinicians at the national level
- Being a ‘go-to-clinician’ with the ability to tailor messages appropriately to the audience Understanding trial design
- Dynamic personality with proven leadership and influencing skills, team player
- Ability to work constructively and inclusively with clinicians, especially consultant radiologists
- Be innovative and responsive to change
- Opportunism: the ability to seek out, recognise and pursue opportunities.
- Exceptional communicator, able to create impact and forge trusting customer relationships
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of clinical quality and continuous improvement.
- Capacity to analyse problems in a logical and structured way, using qualitative & quantitative data
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and perks
- You can be part of a team that literally changes the way we care for patients and save lives
- A fast paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- A competitive salary including equity to make you a partaker of our commercial success
- We care about your personal life - we offer extended parental leave, health insurance for your family through Bupa and mental health support through Spill
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.