Senior Software Engineer
Europe / Remote /
We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
Kheiron has offices in London, San Francisco, Budapest and the Netherlands. We are backed by Connect Ventures, Hoxton Ventures, Atomico, Greycroft and Exor Seeds.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards.
The funding will accelerate the roll out and rapid adoption of Mia (Mammography Intelligent Assessment) to address critical challenges in breast screening services.
You will be the Senior member of our engineering team, working on building and continuously improving our flagship products, Mia or MiaIQ. This team is responsible for development of infrastructure serving machine learning models as well as communication with hospital systems.
This is a multifaceted role. You will be working with members of the Engineering, Machine Learning and DevOps teams. You will quickly notice that we are all very passionate and driven by our mission. Together we are going where no-one has gone before. We’re fighting cancer. Lives are at stake. Every person, every task, every day counts.
We are able to accommodate remote working options, based in the UK, Switzerland, Hungary & the Netherlands
We'd love you to join us if you have:
- Extensive hands-on engineering experience in Python and/or Java
- Experience building and managing cloud-based services on AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with numerous different computer science fundamentals: data structures, distributed systems & algorithms
- Experience with large-scale distributed software systems experience and a background in data/machine learning systems
- You believe that 'done' means passing unit & system tests and deployed in production
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience in a software engineering position
What we offer:
- 🏥 Save Lives - be part of a team that changes the way patients are cared for
- 👨🎓👩🎓 Learner-centric Environment - We work in a fast-paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- 📈 Equity - We want you to be part of the Kheiron story and all employees will receive equity
- 🌴 Time Off: 22 days + the days between Christmas & New Year + bank holidays
- 🖥 Technology - Latest IT equipment as well as any accessories you may need
- ❤️ Physical & Mental Health - We care about your wellbeing, we offer enhanced paid sick leave and your support mental health through Spill
- 👨👩👧👧 Enhanced Parental Leave - Extended maternity, paternity and adoption leave
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.