Machine Learning /
We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards, announced September 2020.
The funding will accelerate the roll out and rapid adoption of Mia (Mammography Intelligent Assessment) to address critical challenges in breast screening services in the UK.
You will be a member of our Machine Learning team working on scaling our ML library and processes. This team is responsible for enabling our internal ML researchers to perform research at scale with little friction. You will work on building and maintaining reliable, fast, secure, and scalable software systems to help ML researchers model, train and rapidly deploy ML models.
This is a multifaceted role. You will be working with members of the Engineering, Machine Learning and DevOps teams. You will quickly notice that we are all very passionate and driven by our mission. Together we are going where no-one has gone before. We’re fighting cancer. Lives are at stake. Every person, every task, every day counts.
We are open to candidates who are based anywhere within Europe, this role can be partially or fully remote. The ML team is based in London, with another office in Budapest if you would prefer some office time.
What you'll be doing:
- Directly contribute to the design and code of our research library
- Directly contribute to our internal ML infrastructure, which allows us to store data at scale and train models on large compute clusters on-premises and on AWS
- Contribute towards end-to-end design and implementation of library components
- Translate the requirements of our researchers into concrete, well built code
- Continuously evaluate team’s processes to maintain a positive and efficient engineering culture
We'd love you to join if you:
- Have a familiarity in numerous different computer science fundamentals: data structures, distributed systems & algorithms
- Are comfortable with coding in languages like Python & C++
- You believe that done means passing unit & system tests and deployed in production
- Have experience working in agile development process and test driven development
- Have a familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Have at least 2 years industry experience in a software engineering role
It would also be great, but not essential if you have:
- Basic Machine Learning and Computer Vision understanding
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe2 or related frameworks
- Experience with Build tools, such as Bazel/Buck/Pants
What we offer:
- You can be part of a team that literally changes the way we care for patients and save lives
- We offer a fast paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- We offer a competitive salary including equity to make you a partaker of our commercial success
- We care about your personal life - we offer extended parental leave, health insurance for your family through Bupa and mental health support through Spill
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.