Python Software Engineer
We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards, announced September 2020.
The funding will accelerate the roll out and rapid adoption of Mia (Mammography Intelligent Assessment) to address critical challenges in breast screening services in the UK.
You will be a member of our Services team. This team is responsible for building all internal services, which are mostly consumed by the machine learning team. The team is also responsible for building many of our external customer-facing services.
This is a multi-faceted role. You will be working with members of the Engineering, Machine Learning and DevOPs team. You will quickly notice that we are all very passionate and driven by our mission. Together we are going where no-one has gone before. We’re fighting cancer. Lives are at stake. Every person, every task, every day counts.
We'd love you join us if
- you have experience deploying and managing cloud-based services on AWS
- you believe that done means passing unit & system tests and deployed in production
- you are experienced with Docker and Kubernetes
- you are able to design and implement REST APIs
- you are comfortable handling large sets of structured & unstructured data, familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus
What we offer
- You can be part of a team that literally changes the way we care for patients and save lives
- We offer a fast paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- We offer a competitive salary including equity to make you a partaker of our commercial success
- We care about your personal life - we offer extended parental leave, health insurance for your family through Bupa and mental health support through Spill
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.