Europe / Remote /
We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
Kheiron has offices in London, San Francisco, Budapest and the Netherlands. We are backed by Connect Ventures, Hoxton Ventures, Atomico, Greycroft and Exor Seeds.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards.
The funding will accelerate the roll out and rapid adoption of Mia (Mammography Intelligent Assessment) to address critical challenges in breast screening services.
This role will be reporting directly into the CEO, and will be instrumental for Kheiron to be at the frontier of bringing safe ‘AI’ to the healthcare industry. As a Science Lead, you will lead an emerging function of the organisation, where there will be great influence to drive the direction of the scientific backing of Kheiron’s ‘AI’ as well as methodology across the field globally. In this position, you will have ample opportunity to contribute to scientific research and publications.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee the development of experimental design, analysis and more widely scientific methodology for clinical trials (protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs), programming specification and output documents) and the development and testing of machine learning models
- Critically oversee data analysis of real world evidence for academic publication
- Gather and process input from domain (e.g. radiology, pathology, epidemiology), technology (ML) and methodology (e.g. stats, clinical trial) leaders across the globe
- Input to strategic decision making of the company on validation, research
- Thought leaderships in safe AI for healthcare
- Overseeing publications
- Oversee the scientific foundations of key projects (e.g. national and international rollouts)
- Interfacing with clinical and technical teams and the CEO
- Managing a small team with responsibility for future growth plans
We'd love you to join if you have
- Extensive experience of applying statistics in an industrial setting ideally in healthcare, a CRO or a similar service within the healthcare industry
- A strong statistical background, ideally a PhD or equivalent in statistics, biostatistics or in a related discipline
- Strong statistical programming skills, with experience in SQL, Python and/or R
- Proven experience of successfully working with large, complex and messy data sets
- Demonstrated success in managing a high performing team
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work on several simultaneous projects with tight timelines
- A keen interest and understanding of Machine Learning
- Ideally experience with clinical trials (protocols, SAPs, GCP, etc)
What we can offer you
- 🏥 Save Lives - be part of a team that changes the way patients are cared for
- 👨🎓👩🎓 Learner-centric Environment - We work in a fast-paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- 📈 Equity - We want you to be part of the Kheiron story and all employees will receive equity
- 🌴 Time Off: 22 days + the days between Christmas & New Year + 10 bank holiday days
- 🖥 Technology - Latest IT equipment as well as any accessories you may need
- ❤️ Health - We offer premium health coverage for you, your partner, and your children through Bupa
- 😌 Mental Health - We support mental health through Spill
- 👨👩👧👧 Enhanced Parental Leave - Extended maternity and paternity leave
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.