Software Engineer - Data Platform
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience in building and growing large scale data platforms. You will have the opportunity to define our data vision and build our nascent data platform, which is one of the most critical aspects of our business. This is a senior position in the engineering organisation. You will be reporting directly to Kherion’s VP of Engineering
What you will be doing
- You will lead the design and development and testing of our data pipeline from ingestion to analytics
- You will build tools or leverage existing technologies that help us build a robust and scalable data platform
- You will own the data strategy for storage, versioning and retrieval of data across the organisation
- You will work closely with our ML, Product, Engineering and Clinical teams to understand their data needs and help build a robust data pipeline that meets their needs.
It would be great if you have
- Hands on software development experience with Python, Go, Kotlin or similar languages
- Experience working with large volumes of unstructured and structured data
- Good knowledge of databases, data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift), cloud data lakes (S3, ADLS, Dremio) and distributed computing (Spark)
- Have a good understanding of analytics tools like R, Tableau and Looker as well as programming frameworks like Pandas, Apache Arrow etc
- Experienced working in a AWS or similar cloud environment
- Able to build robust data pipelines that clean and integrate disparate datasets into a common data lake
- Are curious and always learning!
What we offer
- You can be part of a team that literally changes the way we care for patients and save lives
- We offer a fast paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- We offer a competitive salary including equity to make you a partaker of our commercial success
- We care about your personal life - we offer extended parental leave, health insurance for your family through Bupa and mental health support through Spill
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.