Full Stack Engineer, Project Community
Kickstarter is looking for a Mid-level or Senior Full Stack Engineer in our Brooklyn office who will contribute directly to our platform for creators and backers, and who love building products and solving problems.
About the Team
On the Project Community team, we’re helping creators reach, gather, and build backer communities around their projects. We’re tackling issues like how to help creators optimize their existing networks, designing better channels for creators and backers to communicate more regularly, and developing more resources for both practical and creative support. Come join our collaborative team of engineers, data analysts, designers, community specialists, and more as we work to strengthen communities for all Kickstarter creators!
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who loves creating great user experiences across desktop and mobile web. We're seeking a friendly, collaborative engineer who is passionate and supportive, and who is looking to mentor junior developers. Our engineering team works closely with designers and product managers in small teams to create products our users love.
- You love pair programming, and are excited about being a mentor to junior developers.
- You are a great facilitator in collaborative technical decision making.
- You have experience with agile methodologies or similar software development processes.
- You are an empathetic advocate for engineering best practices.
- You have experience working or excited about working withReact, Redux, Apollo, or similar frameworks.
- You have experience with backend engineering, either through frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or a service-based architecture.
- You have familiarity or experience working with GraphQL.
- You work with an eye toward performance while building new features.
- You have experience iterating on and maintaining live products.
- You have excellent communication skills and are good at giving and receiving feedback.
- You might have a non-standard background for a software engineer.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment