Senior Full Stack Engineer, Project Community
Kickstarter is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer in our Brooklyn office to work on high-visibility features that allow creators to build and grow their project’s community on the platform.
About the Team
On the Project Community team, we’re helping creators reach, gather, and build backer communities around their projects. We’re tackling issues like helping creators reach their network, designing better channels for creators and backers to communicate more effectively, and developing resources for both practical and creative support. Come join our team as we work to strengthen communities for all Kickstarter creators!
About the Role
We’re looking for an engineer who loves participating in the entire process of creating a feature—from ideation to implementation. We're seeking a collaborative engineer who is passionate and supportive, and can apply their technical experience across the stack. Our engineering team works closely with product managers, designers, insights (data team), and more to iteratively research, experiment, and develop solutions to solve real problems for Kickstarter creators and backers.
- You love pair programming and are excited about working collaboratively with other engineers.
- You are a great facilitator and advisor in technical decision making.
- You have experience with agile methodologies or other iterative processes.
- You are an empathetic advocate for engineering best practices.
- You have experience, or are excited about, working with TypeScript, React, Redux, Apollo, or similar frameworks.
- You have experience with backend engineering, either through frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or microservices.
- You have interest in or experience with GraphQL. You have experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- You work with an eye toward performance while building new features.
- You have experience iterating on and maintaining live products.
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- We are supportive of applicants with non-standard background for a software engineer (those who have transitioned from other careers, people without engineering degrees, etc.)
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment