Front End Engineer, Backer Development
Kickstarter is looking for a Front End Engineer in our Brooklyn office who wants to help bring creative projects to life.
About the Team
Whether it’s a first-time backer or a superbacker, our Backer Development Team’s mission is to connect people with projects they might like and to build the story of what it means to be a Kickstarter backer. Working with features like discovery, push recommendations, newsletters, and search, we build excitement about creative projects, make connections between backers and creators, and grow communities centered around creativity. We are a group of engineers, designers, data analysts, community support specialists and more who work to understand and serve both existing backer communities and new communities of potential backers and patrons.
In The Role, You Will:
- Work closely with designers, product managers and other engineers to create beautiful, usable interfaces for desktop and mobile web.
- Collaborate with front-end engineers outside your feature team to maintain shared code and front-end infrastructure.
- Coordinate with back-end engineers to provide a cohesive experience.
- You have excellent communication skills and are good at giving and receiving feedback.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and participating in team discussions and planning.
- You work with an eye toward accessibility while building new features.
- You have experience working with React or similar frameworks.
- You have experience working iteratively and maintained live products.
- You write tests to ensure delivery of high-quality software.
- You have some familiarity with server-side web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.