Senior Software Engineer, System Integrity
Kickstarter PBC is looking for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our System Integrity team.
About the Team
The System Integrity team’s mission is to ensure that our platform is fair and functioning for backers, creators, and Kickstarter PBC. We’re a curious, collaborative and multidisciplinary team who employ a unique and diverse skill set to make the communities of Kickstarter and Drip equitable and sustainable. Harnessing insights from data science, behavioral economics and system design, we strive to develop products and policies that will allow Kickstarter’s model to flourish. We utilize both proactive and reactive approaches to strategically evaluate the systemic impacts of new and changing features as well as to identify opportunities and threats to the health of Kickstarter’s ecosystem.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll help drive the technical decisions behind our team’s work. You’ll collaborate closely with our engineers, product managers, and designers to work on projects like: integrating and refining our data classifiers, building products to reduce community risk or establish new incentive mechanisms, or exploring the creation of new feedback systems for our backers and creators using state of the art APIs. On any given day, you’ll code (at least 60% of the time), coach engineers to level up their technical and soft skills, and help plan and scope future projects.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to step up into a leadership role and help drive our team forward.
- You have extensive knowledge of how data products talk to web applications.
- You demonstrate an empathetic, collaborative communication style with fellow engineers and non-engineering stakeholders.
- You enjoy working alongside software engineers and data engineers to implement prototypes and production code.
- You’re familiar with and have led or participated in architecture discussions, design reviews, and mentorship for fellow engineers.
- You have a pragmatic approach to your work.
- You are a strong collaborator and have experience working with multidisciplinary teams (product management, security, backend and frontend engineering, data science, research and design).
- You have a background building and managing systems from inception to production.
- You consider how your work impacts others through building accessible UI, testing patterns, code readability, documentation and considering performance.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.