Senior Full Stack Engineer, Project Storytelling
Kickstarter is looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Project Storytelling team.
About the Team
Project Storytelling is a new cross-functional team at Kickstarter that's working to unlock the unique storytelling potential within each Kickstarter project. We’re engineers, designers, data analysts, community support specialists, and more. We care about understanding creators' stories and about helping them normalize the imperfections that come along with their creative processes. Currently, we're working to evolve our project page experience with new layouts, multimedia features, and tools that help creators engage backers with a powerful story.
About the Role
As the Senior Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be one of the first engineers on the Project Storytelling team. You’ll work closely with designers, product managers and other engineers to build and ship features that make our creators’ creative processes compelling, accessible, and normalized.
We build features with modern frameworks like SASS, Atomic CSS, React, Redux, Apollo, and TypeScript, all backed by a GraphQL API. We use iterative and data-driven processes to build and refine our platform that supports our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
- You emphasize with creators and recognize the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
- You have strong experience working across the stack, regardless of language or framework.
- You recognize the considerations and trade-offs involved with building on top of a legacy platform.
- You have a pragmatic, test-driven approach to writing code.
- You have strong experience with server-side web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails.
- You have experience working with data stores - we use MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, and Redshift.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.