Senior Front End Engineer, Project Storytelling
Kickstarter is looking for a thoughtful Senior Front End Engineer to join our Project Storytelling team.
About the Team
Project Storytelling is a new cross-functional team at Kickstarter that's working to unlock the unique storytelling potential within each Kickstarter project. We’re engineers, designers, data analysts, community support specialists, and more. We care about understanding creators' stories and about helping them normalize the imperfections that come along with their creative processes. Currently, we're working to evolve our project page experience with new layouts, multimedia features, and tools that help creators engage backers with a powerful story.
About the Role
As the Senior Front End Engineer, you’ll be one of the first engineers on the Project Storytelling team and will work closely with designers, product managers and other engineers to create beautiful, usable interfaces for desktop and mobile web. You'll build and ship new features that both inspire creators to capture their journey and engages backers in high-fidelity narratives.
We build features with modern frameworks like Sass, Atomic CSS, React, Redux, Apollo, and TypeScript, all backed by a GraphQL API. We use iterative and data-driven processes to build and refine our platform that supports our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
- You empathize with creators and recognize the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and participating in team discussions and planning.
- You have a pragmatic, test-driven approach to writing code.
- You have experience working iteratively and maintaining live products.
- You have experience working with React or similar frameworks.
- You’re interested in building beautiful multimedia experiences.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.