Site Reliability Engineer
Brooklyn, NY /
Kickstarter is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to support the infrastructure that allows our platform to operate at planetary scale, helping to bring hundreds of thousands of creative projects to life. You’ll work with a small team of dedicated engineers to assure that our systems are healthy, automated, and secure.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Infrastructure Engineering team supports the monolithic user-facing application that several product engineering teams are contributing to, as well as a handful of polyglot services that support that application. We are dedicated to assuring that engineers across the organization have the right tools to best understand and interact with code in our production environments: from continuous delivery pipelines to alerting and monitoring.
Our team works to ensure visibility and transparency into Kickstarter’s technical operations and usage, doing all that we can to make sure that Kickstarter can continue to operate continuously in the face of disaster or disruptions.
In This Role, You Will:
- Design, build, and maintain core infrastructure pieces that support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users around the world.
- Monitor site reliability and health, alert your team to critical problems and errors, and gather data for troubleshooting efforts.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to respond to availability incidents or site outages, as well as proactively work to solve incidents before they arise.
- Document your findings, contributing to engineering processes, future automation events, and institutional knowledge.
- You are a skilled communicator. You clearly express your ideas in writing or speaking with your colleagues.
- You can execute under pressure during site incidents or outages (or would be excited to learn how to do this).
- You love unwinding tricky problems, finding the causes and fixing them for good.
- You’re excited to run applications at scale on AWS and to make that happen with the latest tools and techniques.
- You take pride in your work with or without accolades from others.
- You care about your coworkers and want to make their lives better.
- You enjoy working across teams to help ship new features and fix bugs.
- You want to conduct complicated work behind the scenes without any interruption to our customers.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.