Senior Backend Engineer
Kickstarter is looking for a Senior Back End Engineer to contribute directly to our platform for creators and makers. The successful candidate loves building new products and solving problems unique to payment infrastructure.
About the Team
Our engineering team works closely with designers and product managers in small teams to build fun project discovery modes, elegant project management tools, and top-tier payments processing. The group of us who work with Platform and Payments is committed to gracefully evolving our monolithic app as it relates to essential services and support for payment infrastructure (which has processed over $3 billion in pledges.) Read more about us on our blog, Backing & Hacking.
In This Role You Will:
- Use ad-hoc QA clusters to test and demo new features.
- Use GitHub pull requests for peer review.
- Use continuous deployment with feature flags for smooth rollouts.
- Utilize a wide variety of skills and interest, including: Ruby on Rails, Java, Data Stores (we use MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, and Redshift), GraphQL, Functional Programming, and payments.
- 5+ years of experience building web applications
- Friendly, collaborative, and supportive
- Value personal growth and positive feedback
- Demonstrate an empathetic, collaborative communication style with fellow engineers and non-engineering stakeholders
- Consider how your work impacts others
- Demonstrate thoughtful, flexible approaches to mentoring and guiding technical decision
If this sounds interesting to you, please send us your resume, some links to your work, and tell us a bit about yourself!
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.