Senior Software Engineer
We're seeking a Senior Software Engineer to focus on our front-end development for our marketing technologies team.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Marketing Technology Team develops products and tools used across the organization to support creator and backer acquisition, discovery, engagement, and retention. The technical focus of the team is building an ambitious content management system to drive project and content discovery across the Kickstarter experience. Additionally, the team is responsible for owning all email communication, a core function of the Kickstarter product experience. We’re passionate about building technology to continuously improve how to inform, educate, and support our creative community.
In This Role You Will:
- Build features with modern frameworks like React, Redux, Apollo, TypeScript, SASS, and Atomic Design, all backed by a GraphQL API. We use iterative and data-driven processes to build and refine our platform that supports Kickstarter’s mission of bringing creative projects to life.
- Iterate and improve upon our internally built CMS, creating personalized user experiences across pages on Kickstarter.com (Homepage, category pages, and more)
- Collaborate with engineers outside your team to maintain shared code and infrastructure.
- Act as a mentor and guide for the larger engineering team, as well as other front-end engineers.
- At six months' tenure, you'll be able to align with PMs and management to outline, document, and execute feature work using the languages above as well as other front end technologies like React and TypeScript.
- You demonstrate empathetic, clear communication with fellow engineers and non-engineering stakeholders.
- You are friendly, collaborative, and supportive and are good at giving and receiving feedback.
- You enjoy problem solving and working collaboratively with stakeholders to support innovative initiatives.
- You consider how your work impacts others by building accessible products, testing patterns, writing documentation and considering performance.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.