Brooklyn, NY /
Kickstarter is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead and inspire a team of platform engineers.
About the Team
At Kickstarter, our Engineering team is highly collaborative. We care about crafting code for the long-term, shipping great product efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and experiment-driven process, helping to bring creative projects to life.
In This Role, You Will:
- Help with technical decisions, coach and support the career growth of engineers reporting to you, and partner with product managers and designers. You can expect to spend 90% of your time managing engineers, 10% of it coding.
- Build, shape, and continually improve processes and systems on your team and across engineering.
- Coach engineers to level up their technical and soft skills.
- Plan and scope future projects.
- Help unblock engineers and guide new feature development.
- Serve as a mentor, holding regular one-on-one meetings with engineers on your team.
- Be an advocate for your team’s needs.
- Guide your team’s career development with routine feedback.
- Ensure your team is collaborating, communicating, and shipping efficiently.
- You have led a team of platform engineers to successfully ship product features and fixes at scale.
- You’ve worked with cross-functional teams, ideally with non-technical employees.
- You are a creative problem solver who understands and can articulate the tradeoffs involved in technical approaches, and can demonstrate pragmatism and resourcefulness when confronted with constraints.
- You are motivated by curiosity, with a bias towards action even when all of the variables aren't clear. You’ve worked to instill this practice in the teams you’ve managed as well.
- You continuously demonstrate empathy with non-technical audiences and engineers whose area of interest lie outside of the product development space.
- You emphasize with creators and recognize the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.