Senior Software Engineer, Backer Development
Kickstarter PBC is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Backer Development Team.
About the Team
The Backer Development Team is focused on growing our community of backers that support creative work. We work on projects from improving our personalized project recommendations, to building onboarding experiences and making our search and discovery experience work for our users. We work closely with our native apps team to ensure backers also have a great experience using our native apps.
We build features with modern frameworks like SASS, Atomic Design, React, Apollo, and TypeScript, all backed by a GraphQL API built in Ruby on Rails. We use continuous deployment and iterative and data-driven processes to monitor, build and refine our platform.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work closely with our team’s designer, product manager and other engineers to build features that grow and solidify our Backer community. You’ll be involved in features from ideation to launch, monitoring, and maintenance. You’ll help to plan, scope and architect engineering projects, from small iterations and experiments to full new features.
Outside the Backer Development Team, you’ll mentor and learn from other engineers across the engineering organization through our optional mentorship program, cross-team working groups, and engineering team meetings. On biweekly Investment days, you’ll make self-directed improvements to the code base or take time to learn new professional skills.
- You have excellent communication and time management skills.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and participating in team discussions, planning, and pair programming.
- You have extensive professional experience working with Ruby on Rails, React, Apollo or similar frameworks.
- You have experience mentoring other engineers across the stack.
- You have experience working iteratively and maintaining live products.
- You have a pragmatic approach to writing well-tested, maintainable code.
- You have some familiarity working with or building with GraphQL APIs.
- Experience working with remote team members is a plus!
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.