Senior Full Stack Engineer, Creator Development
Kickstarter is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer in our Brooklyn office who will contribute directly to our platform for creators and makers. A successful candidate will love building new products and solving problems to help our creators bring creative projects to life.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Creator Development Team works to make people aware of, and excited about, using Kickstarter to fund their projects. We are a cross-functional group of writers, editors, engineers, designers, and more who work to understand and serve both existing and potential creators.
Our understanding of what it means to be a Kickstarter creator is constantly evolving. That understanding shapes the tools we build, the events we throw, the educational resources we craft, and the relationships we foster around Kickstarter within creative communities.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who loves creating great user experiences across desktop and mobile web. We're seeking a friendly, collaborative engineer who is passionate and supportive, and who is looking to mentor junior developers and peers. Our engineering team works closely with designers and product managers in small teams to create features that our creators love.
- You empathize with creators and recognize the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
- You have a background working with Ruby on Rails and are familiar with its patterns and best practices and have an interest in mentoring other engineers in them.
- You have familiarity with frontend development concepts and have familiarity or experience with React and Redux. Maybe you have years of experience in the frontend or you’re interested in changing course and learning more.
- You may have encountered some parts of our toolchain before, such as: Webpack, Sidekiq, Elasticsearch, GraphQL and Apollo. If not, you’re interested in learning about them!
- You are friendly, collaborative, and supportive.
- You value personal growth and positive feedback.
- You demonstrate an empathetic, collaborative communication style with fellow engineers and non-engineering stakeholders.
- You consider how your work impacts others through building accessible UI, testing patterns, code readability, documentation and considering performance.
- You demonstrate thoughtful, flexible approaches to mentoring colleagues and guiding technical decisions.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.