Full Stack Senior Engineer
San Francisco or New York or Open to Remote /
Kiddom builds technology enabling teachers and learners to unlock their full potential. Education technology is increasingly fragmented across various applications, undermining utility and causing cognitive overload, frustration, and ultimately, rejection. Kiddom is building a collaborative learning platform for educators to integrate content, curriculum, and analytics in one place.
To tackle this challenge, we are seeking an experienced Full Stack Senior Engineer: someone with track record of building world class web apps, guiding a team in developing with idiomatic, tested, and maintainable code. We are building in React, and assume candidates will either have basic mastery or have applicable experience.
- Work with the design and product teams to set feature roadmap and release deadlines.
- Be able to lead full stack front end and backend development, build and maintain high standards for work and work with the team to maintain them.
- Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Design and implement user-facing products.
- Apply deep understanding of web technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs.
- Have the foresight to recognize potential future issues and ensure the team is made aware, discusses, and mitigates the issues before they affect the business
What we look for
- 7+ years of experience developing with front-end web technologies.
- Commitment to mentorship, training and supporting one's teammates.
- Demonstrable experience as an effective technical team lead of full-stack development.
- Vast knowledge of JS/CSS and Golang best practices and common pitfalls.
- Working knowledge of Golang or C programming
- Comfort working with CSS pre--processors (We use SASS) and strategies for writing maintainable CSS.
Nice to have
- Interest in educational technology.
- Previous experience at a startup.
What Kiddom offers
- The opportunity to make a measurable impact in K-12 education.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Health benefits: medical, dental, vision, disability and life.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- An inclusive, positive team culture.
- A passionate, collaborative team focused on building transformative education technology.