Senior/Principal Scientist, Oncology Discovery
Full time /
Are you excited about getting in on the ground floor of a startup company poised to revolutionize small molecule drug discovery? At Kimia Therapeutics we are building a next generation drug discovery engine by combining high-throughput chemistry and screening with state-of-the-art computational approaches to accelerate the discovery of novel drugs. We are seeking passionate team members to help build the future of drug discovery and create breakthroughs for challenging targets implicated in cancer and immune disorders. At Kimia we look for collaborative teammates who are motivated by our mission and would like to play an impactful role in the growth and success of an emerging pharmaceutical company.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
As a Senior/Principal Scientist in the Biology team, you will take a lead role in target selection/validation and in vitro mechanism-of-action studies for small molecule drug candidates against oncology targets. You will work closely with the high throughput screening (HTS) and chemistry teams to bring candidate drugs from hit to lead. This is an exciting opportunity to join a startup company and discover novel therapies for cancer patients.
Experience and Skills
- Ph.D. in cancer biology, pharmacology, or related field
- 2-5+ years of relevant laboratory experience in cancer research, preferably on small molecule drug discovery
- Experience with mechanism of action studies for oncology drug discovery and validation in an industry setting
- Strong understanding of the drug discovery process and demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience with high throughput screening and hit validation techniques is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for cancer research and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of patients.
$110,000 - $175,000 a year
The anticipated salary range for this position is $110,000 to $160,000. The final salary will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
On top of base salary, we offer comprehensive benefits, bonus, and equity. If this range doesn't match your expectations, please still apply because we may have another opportunity for you.
We offer a vibrant startup environment where every member of the Kimia team plays an important role in shaping our science and our culture. Kimia offers competitive pay, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. Kimia is proud to be equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants for employment.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Kimia. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability, or serious medical condition, or because it would violate your sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.