Principal Scientist/Senior Principal Scientist, Computational Chemistry
Computational Sciences /
Full time /
Are you excited about getting in on the ground floor of a startup company poised to revolutionize small molecule drug discovery? At Kimia Therapeutics we are building a next generation drug discovery engine by combining high-throughput chemistry and screening with state-of-the-art computational approaches to accelerate the discovery of novel drugs. We are seeking passionate team members to help build the future of drug discovery and create breakthroughs for challenging targets implicated in cancer and immune disorders. At Kimia we look for collaborative teammates who are motivated by our mission and would like to play an impactful role in the growth and success of an emerging pharmaceutical company.
We are seeking an experienced leader and self-starter who is motivated to build and apply state-of-the-art computational chemistry capabilities to accelerate our ATLAS high-throughput SAR platform. As a scientific and technical leader, you will collaborate with medicinal chemistry, discovery chemistry, biology, cheminformatics, and machine learning colleagues to invent first-in-class and best-in-class molecules.
- Collaborate at the intersection of experimental and computational technologies with emphasis on machine learning and physics-based modeling to discover novel small molecule drugs
- Lead computational design by applying in-depth knowledge of QSAR, conformational analysis, free energy calculations, molecular and quantum mechanics, and physical chemical properties
- Implement high-throughput virtual screening of 100M+ libraries and prioritize them for synthesis and testing on the ATLAS high-throughput chemistry platform
- Lead druggability assessment of novel targets and develop hit-finding strategies that take full advantage of the ATLAS platform
- Communicate scientific presentations to senior management, project teams and collaborators
Experience and Skills
- PhD or equivalent in the field of computational chemistry or a related field with 5+ years of experience
- Strong track record of key contributions in inventing compounds that solved affinity, ADMET and novelty challenges
- Expertise in using molecular modeling packages such as Schrodinger, MOE, OpenEye
- Expertise in macromolecule molecular dynamics simulations
- Solid understanding of medicinal chemistry, DMPK, and in vitro pharmacology
- Familiarity with scripting and cheminformatics toolkits (RDKit, OEChem, Chemaxon)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and embrace collaborating with a multidisciplinary team
$160,000 - $207,500 a year
The anticipated salary range for this position is $160,000 to $190,000 for Principal Scientist and $172,500 to $207,500 for Senior Principal Scientist. The final salary will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. On top of base salary, we offer comprehensive benefits, bonus, and equity. We encourage you to apply even if this range doesn't match your expectations as we will be adding new positions that may be a better fit.
We offer a vibrant startup environment where every member of the Kimia team plays an important role in shaping our science and our culture. Kimia offers competitive pay, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. Kimia is proud to be equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants for employment.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Kimia. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability, or serious medical condition, or because it would violate your sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.