Senior Underwriter - Personal Lines
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced Underwriter within the Property and Casualty space to join our small but growing team. Since we tackle insurance differently, we are looking for this individual to bring in their expertise and knowledge to the team but to help us continue to find more effective and efficient ways to get the job done.
You’ll work closely with our insurance product team as well as our operations team to create and enforce underwriting guidelines and ensure all needed teams have the necessary information to do their job well. You may find yourself assisting with updating and training on underwriting guidelines, working with leadership to lend your expertise to business decisions, or reviewing quotes and policies to make sure they meet our standards.
A day in the life could include:
- Review submissions of customer’s information to ensure underwriting adherence and system accuracy. Our system does a good job of gathering all the required information for a review and is able to underwrite many customers automatically but at times we’ll need your expertise
- Review inspections in a timely manner and identify all hazards with recommendations on how to correct the adverse conditions
- Dig into the data, create new reports and analyses in order to find opportunities to improve the logic of our automated system
- Find and implement process improvements to make our underwriting and inspections more automated and efficient
- Creating or update underwriting documents and templates to maintain standard underwriting protocol
- Communicate underwriting decisions with agents, and help continue to build the collective insurance knowledge base
- Collaborate with the insurance team to develop new ways to evaluate risk and identify ways to improve customer workflows and automation
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 6 years + Personal Lines work experience in underwriting or operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and critical thinking
- Analytical minded and data-driven
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Clear and concise communication evidencing logical thinking - you’re comfortable being challenged and engaging in professional debate
- Understanding carrier guidelines and managing underwriting relationships from an agency perspective
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
- Commuter Benefit Plans
- Flexible PTO
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Onsite gym
- Company provided lunch several times a month
- Rotating option of snacks, daily
- Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
- These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!