Personal Lines Pricing Analyst
Here at Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers and innovators ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges head on, breaking down walls, but remaining chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is revolutionizing the home insurance industry. We think homeowners deserve better, so we’re making the process of quoting and purchasing insurance easier.
In order to continue to offer innovative products and services, we need to expand our team of Insurance experts. We’re looking for innovative thinkers who agree with us, insurance can be exciting! This individual will bring their industry expertise and lend a hand to multiple areas of the business. We’ll look to your expertise to analyze personal insurance programs including pricing, policy forms, underwriting, competitive intelligence, and reporting. You’ll be needed to present findings to the pricing, product, and actuarial staff
A day in the life could include:
- Prepare rate filings to state Departments of Insurance and negotiate rate approvals
- Measure and manage the impacts of pricing changes
- Evaluate and improve the performance of existing rating and underwriting plans
- Drive risk selection, profitability, and growth
- Project management including planning, business requirements quality, timeliness, and quality
- Peer review marketing and distribution content for accuracy
- Research laws and regulations and ensure projects are compliant
- Communicate and collaborate with peers, managers, and leadership teams
- Contribute to team by bringing enthusiasm, initiative, clarity, impact programs, recognition of others
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a focus in mathematics, finance, economics, engineering, or other quantitative discipline, preferred
- 2+ years work experience, we are open to individuals at a variety of levels of experience
- Proven, exceptionally strong quantitative skills
- Highly motivated to improve the insurance industry
- Passion for customer service and doing things the right way
- Proficient in Excel, R, Python, SQL, Tableau or similar data analysis and/or tools
At this time, we are unable to sponsor employment visas
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!