Product and Engineering
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
At Kin, we are modernizing and simplifying a 100-year-old industry by building our product suite from the ground up. The Product Designer collaborates with product management, engineering, ops, and design teams while owning the product design process. You'll be responsible for prototyping, designing, building, and iterating on ideas as we continue to build a suite of clean, educational, and very Kin products.
A day-in-the-life could include:
- Assist with designing and prototyping product features and improvements
- Monitor daily operations analytics and identify areas of improvement on existing products
- Help design concepts for experiments aimed at increasing conversion at various points in the customer funnel
- Design and prototype new solutions to complex problems in our policy administration system
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Experience with SaaS products or consumer-facing apps
- Reliance on customer research and data to design and ship products
- Experience working with bespoke design systems and interface guidelines
- Design iterations based on feedback, data, and insights
- Knowledge of industry standard prototyping and design tools
- Pixel-perfect mindset / vision
We’ve got you covered
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!