Product and Engineering
Here at Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges head on, breaking down walls, yet remaining chill about it.
Kin is building property insurance from scratch, the right way for the customer. We use software and big data to make signing up seamless, servicing the policy a breeze, and filing claims magical. We are built on modern tech with low overhead, so we’re able to accomplish all of that profitably at an unbeatable price for the customer.
So, what’s the role?
As a Data Scientist, you’d be the go-to person for all data needs. We’ll need you to help outline the major areas we are/will be exploring. Within your first month you’d work on at least one major project that touches on traditional business analysis techniques and more complicated machine learning processes. You’ll be working closely with insurance experts, senior engineers, our marketing team, and product experts with access to mountains of third-party data, all the servers you need and our historical data. We move fast, promote an anti-bureaucratic, collegial and friendly workplace, and are the perfect platform for domain experts to have a substantial impact and practice cutting edge work. What happens in your first year will be heavily shaped by you.
A day in the life could include:
- Determine the best ways to estimate and value all aspects of insurance, from rebuilding the cost of a home to assessing the value of structures
- Implement solutions that enable any models and algorithms to be effectively consumed by the rest of the infrastructure
- Experiment on the best ways to acquire customers that aren’t just new, but also valuable
- Explore new ways to use data to accomplish our mission.
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Collaborative, yet also comfortable working independently to achieve goals in the most efficient way possible
- Ready to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Previous experience in data science or similar field
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D preferred
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Commuter Benefit Plans, Flex Spending Accounts, Disability Insurance
Flexible PTO, 401k, Life Insurance
These are just some of the benefits we provide!
At this time, we are unable to provide sponsorship