Head of Business Intelligence
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
At Kin, we are modernizing and simplifying a 100-year-old industry by building our product suite from the ground up, and in case it’s not obvious, our customers are our top priority. Insurance is a data-driven business, and as such, the Head of BI will have a critical role in Kin’s evolution by developing our strategic roadmap around reporting. The Head of BI will work with internal leadership and stakeholders to define KPIs; determine best practices around data warehousing, ETL, and reporting; and anticipate and satisfy reporting needs.
A day-in-the-life could include:
- Set strategy for data and reporting infrastructure
- Centralize and own definitions of organizational KPIs across all departments
- Develop external and internal reporting processes in Looker
- Produce custom and ad hoc reports and dashboards as needed
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 7+ years of data analytics / reporting experience
- BI report and dashboard experience, preferably with Looker
- Data warehousing and ETL design experience
- Knowledge of Python or Ruby
- PostGRES or RedShift experience
- Interest or experience in highly regulated and / or startup environment(s)
- Passion for building strategy around data
We’ve got you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!