Finance and Accounting
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
Our accounting team is growing, and we are looking for an experienced staff accountant to own commissions, payroll, AR/AP, and assist with month-end close. Kin continues to grow, by size, products, and features. The senior accountant will be integral in helping us to automate several accounting processes as well as with our upcoming conversion to a new accounting system. This person will also assist with continuing to build strong accounting principles, find improvement to our reporting and be a resource to our operations teams.
A day in the life could include:
- Assisting in monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Performing daily accounting activities for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Preparing month-end account and bank reconciliations
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies
- Assisting with the external reporting to investors, regulators, and reinsurers
- Working on ad hoc projects with the Accounting Manager
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 2-4 years experience in accounting
- GAAP accounting knowledge preferred
- Experience with the financial close process
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products and data analytic tools
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced startup environment
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Parental Leave Program
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!