Sr. Manager, Sales Operations
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Intern Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
The Sr Manager, Sales Operations is responsible for owning, managing, optimizing and ensuring the comprehensive health of our phone, email, sms, and chat platforms. Coordinating across our sales, support, product and marketing teams, the Sr Manager, Sales Operations will troubleshoot existing campaigns, and design and implement new communications campaigns that increase revenue, retention, customer satisfaction and user engagement. The ideal candidate will marry analytical and technical skills with customer empathy and project management. This role will have 1-3 direct reports.
We are looking for a self-starter, with an insatiable desire to understand the core of complex problems and an interest in understanding customer behavior and business levers. This position will be highly visible, working cross-functionally with all levels of the organization (up to C-suite). A natural problem solver, the Sr Manager, Sales Operations will be our internal expert, taking ownership of our communications platforms and sales processes for a 150+ person Sales org.
A day in the life could include:
- Project managing several initiatives, simultaneously, to improve agent productivity via processes, procedures or tooling
- Analyzing data to identify future communications and process improvement opportunities
- Leveraging automation to help sales, customer service, and retention teams be more effective
- Owning the relationship with platform vendors to identify, understand, and troubleshoot bugs in our communications processes
- Evaluating existing campaigns for overall quality assurance
I've got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 7+ years of sales operations experience
- 2+ years managing direct reports
- Past and deep experience with Sales tooling (Five9, Kustomer or related tools)
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
- Detail oriented mindset
- Extremely organized and highly motivated to improve processes that will lead to increased efficiency
- Data-obsessed mindset, including the ability to digest and analyze various types of data
- Proficient in Google suite and data analytics tools such as Looker
- Previous startup experience is a plus
- Prior experience implementing chatbots & chat into a contact center is an added bonus
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office