Product and Engineering
Here at Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges head on, breaking down walls, yet remaining chill about it.
So, what’s the role?
You will collaborate daily with various members of our development team, creating and modifying software to improve our customers’ experience. Our main goal at Kin is to make insurance accessible and affordable, and much of this stems from innovation and efficiency.
We value great work and little bureaucracy. We don’t hold meetings for the sake of holding a meeting, we do communicate our thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and concerns as needed. The idea of building tools to make our teammates’ work lives easier and our customers insurance lives better drives us each day.
A day in the life could include:
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Collaborating with various members of the development team to accomplish multiple projects - we’re a startup, so we’ll keep you busy
- Providing subject matter expertise and support for project
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Comfortable in a startup environment - we’re fast paced, self-motivated, and determined to change the industry
- Fast learner, ready to bring previous knowledge to this position and continue developing along the way
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience as a professional developer, we are open to engineers at many levels
- Significant experience designing Ruby on Rails applications
- FinTech experience is a plus, but not required
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
A wide variety of Medical Insurance plans with coverage starting on your first day
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
These are just some of the benefits we provide!