Director of Customer Support & Retention
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Interninsurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
The Director of Customer Support & Retention provides leadership, direction and ongoing management for the Customer Service team to provide a best-in-class customer experience. You will lead, inspire and ensure that the team achieves success in all key Service metrics and develops customer service strategies to meet our customers’ needs. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the activities of the department, including: monitoring and improving quality, ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction in all interactions, setting departmental strategic goals, running continuous improvement projects, managing retention and renewals, and championing sales support efforts.
We are looking for a “leader” and a “doer”, someone who can balance forward-thinking strategy while simultaneously executing at a tactical level. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and self-motivated with experience solving complex problems and maximizing the potential of their team through coaching and leadership. You’ll be able to analyze business issues using our data, build any relevant models and communicate your findings and proposed solutions to diverse audiences (up to C-level). You’ll also work cross-functionally with our Product and Development teams to provide a customer-centric experience.
A day in the life could include:
- Proactively identify, develop and drive the forward-looking strategy
- Lead the Customer Service team to successfully meet and exceed results in all Service Metrics: retention and renewals, quality, employee relations, staffing, service levels, management development, training, process & procedure improvements
- Analyze data to identify the highest value drivers to improve the customer experience and department efficiencies, and act as the Project Manager to find and execute the solution(s)
- Hire, manage, and develop Customer Service Managers and Representatives
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 4+ years in a management capacity, ideally with experience in remote management
- 8+ years of Customer Service experience
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
- Proven success in managing, leading, and motivating others
- Extremely organized and highly motivated to improve processes that will lead to increased efficiency and world-class customer satisfaction
- Past success managing cross-functional projects
- Data-obsessed mindset, including the ability to digest and analyze various types of data
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proficient in Google suite and data analytics tools such as Looker
- Familiarity with implementing and optimizing world class customer service tooling: including tools such as HubSpot, Gong, Five9, etc.
- Prior experience implementing chatbots & chat into a contact center is an added bonus
- Insurance experience is a plus but not required
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office