Finance and Accounting
Here at Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges head on, breaking down walls, yet remaining chill about it. We are working to reshape the homeowners insurance industry and a world class accounting & finance department is an essential part of that.
So, what’s the role?
The Controller will work closely with the CFO to both build and manage the close process, respond to all internal and external reporting requirements (including regulatory reporting), as well as develop and manage the audit processes, accounting policy creation, tax filings, and anything else that comes up as a fast growing company that’s quickly expanding across the country.
We want to build the most efficient and precise accounting team in the insurance industry; you are a leader who shares that vision, a great builder and manager of teams, can dive in the details or operate at high level, and are always pushing the envelope of how to make a process work better.
A day in the life could include:
- Preparing financial reporting packages for a variety of audiences
- Managing regulatory filings and state insurance department requests
- Building & owning end-to-end accounting process
- Identifying, developing, and implementing financial process improvements
- Actively hiring and developing accounting staff
- Interacting with external auditors to coordinate testing and audit reports
- Leading various ad hoc accounting projects
- Performing accounting research, then documenting and communicating conclusions
- Collaborating across the company and at all levels
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and/or finance and is a CPA
- GAAP & statutory insurance accounting knowledge
- P&C insurance experience required
- Big 4 audit experience a plus
- Start-up experience a plus
- Experience implementing general ledger a plus
- Independently analytical
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, data analytic tools
- Maintains momentum across multiple projects
- Succinctly communicates with a wide range of audiences
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Commuter Benefit Plans, Flex Spending Accounts, Disability Insurance
Flexible PTO, 401k, Life Insurance
These are just some of the benefits we provide!