Product and Engineering
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
At Kin, we are modernizing and simplifying a 100-year-old industry by building our product suite from the ground up, and in case it’s not obvious, our customers are our top priority. The QA Engineer will be central to our software development and deployment process, primarily responsible for manual testing, automation, and performance testing business requirements. This person will collaborate closely with software development and product management teams, as well as stakeholders to ensure adherence to Kin’s strategic goals while managing risk.
A day-in-the-life could include:
- Write and complete test cases to ensure development outputs meet defined business requirements, technical specifications, installer and upgrade documents, and management goals
- Document software defects in bug tracking system and monitor bug resolutions
- Investigate, test, and debug complex issues
- Analyze automation test results and present analysis
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with various teams to determine root cause and resolution
- Assist with deployments, verify fixed defects, and perform automated regression and performance testing as required
- Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of large and complex projects
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- Background in testing methodology and product knowledge in the design of tests
- Experience with QA techniques, such as black box, white box, and gray box approaches for smoke, regression, functional, user acceptance, and exploratory testing
- 1+ years of software development / automation experience
- Hands-on work experience with any GUI / web automation testing tool (e.g., Selenium)
- Experience creating XPath queries and functions
- Hands-on experience with any of the following scripting languages: C#, VB.Net, Java, Ruby, Perl
- Experience using Git or other source code management tools
We’ve got you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!