Insurance Product Manager
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insur-tech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is revolutionizing the home insurance industry. We think homeowners deserve better, so we’re making the process of quoting and purchasing insurance easier.
In order to continue to offer innovative products and services, we need to expand our team of Insurance Product experts. We’re looking for innovative thinkers who agree with us, insurance can be exciting! This individual will bring their industry expertise and lend a hand to multiple areas of the business including managing to profitable growth for our lines of business and assigned states. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of management including pricing, policy and forms, underwriting, agency management, regulatory, planning, project management, and implementation.
We’ll look to you to develop integrated state-specific strategies including actuarial, claims, distribution and other functional areas as well as to align and measure goals set against our financial plans.
A day in the life could include
- P&L responsibility for line of business and/or states
- Representing Kin as a company expert and authority on line of business and/or states including detailed understanding of market underwriting, pricing, competitors, agencies, business mix, regulations
- Create line of business / state strategies including all operational goals and measures including; customer experience and satisfaction, policyholder retention, quotes, sales, conversion, new business growth, underwriting quality, price segmentation, agency management, and claims trends
- Align operational goals and measures across functions for financial planning and evaluation
- Project management including planning, business requirements quality, timeliness, and quality
- File and gain approval of changes requiring regulatory approval
- Communicate and plan state strategies with managers across all functional areas and leadership team
- Lead line of business and state teams
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- BS degree ideally with a focus in mathematics, finance, accounting, engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- Proven success leading lines of business or state teams
- Ability to create lines of business and state strategies supported by operational plans and measures
- Highly motivated to improve the insurance industry
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Passion for customer service and doing things the right way
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!