Insurance Policy and Forms Analyst
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
You’ll be responsible for analysis, development, filing and implementation of all personal property insurance forms. This individual works closely with product management teams, analytics, and legal teams to support all company property and casualty offerings.
A day in the life could include:
- Prepare and submit form filings to state Departments of Insurance to meet the state filing requirements and ensure timely approval.
- Contact State Insurance Department personnel to negotiate approval of form filings as necessary
- Specify and test forms generation criteria
- Assist product management in analysis of competitive coverage information
- Collaborate with engineering to create forms business requirements and manage project implementation
- Participate in internal audits and market conduct exam activity relating to forms
- Leads collaboration across business areas including product management, claims, compliance and legal to develop or revise product language
- Effectively manage and implements changes in processes, structure and resources to achieve optimal results
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 3 years homeowner forms and coverage experience
- Experience with forms compliance and insurance regulations
- Comfortable working in dynamic, often changing environments
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
- Commuter Benefit Plans
- Flexible PTO
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership
- Company provided lunch several times a month
- Rotating option of snacks, daily
- Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
- These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!