St. Petersburg, FL
Finance and Accounting
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced and analytical accountant to own statutory reporting and accounting processes, help with financial reporting, and assist with AR/AP. Kin continues to grow, by size, products, and features. Our accountant will assist with continuing to build strong accounting principles, find improvement to our reporting and at times, work with our insurance team to assist in product features.
A Day In The Life Could Include:
- Participating in monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Performing day-to-day accounting activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Ensuring financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely
- Working on ad hoc projects with the Accounting Manager and Controller
- Formalizing financial reporting processes
- Assisting with regulatory filings, state insurance department requests, and audit requests
- Collaborating across the company and at all levels
I've got skills, do I have the necessary ones?
- 2+ years experience in accounting
- GAAP & statutory insurance accounting knowledge preferred
- Experience with the financial close process
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products and data analytic tools
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced startup environment
Oh, and We’ve Got You Covered
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that fits your needs. These are just some of the benefits and perks we offer:
Commuter benefit plans
Flex spending accounts
Paid Parental Leave