Senior Sales Training and Development Manager
Here at Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We are a fast growing InsureTech company looking to improve the home insurance experience from purchase to claims. We value tackling challenges head on, breaking down walls, yet remaining chill about it.
So, what’s the role?
As the Senior Manager of Training and Development, you will be building our training program from the ground up, which includes assisting agents in preparing for licensing exams, improving sales skills, and creating training best practices and documentation. We want our sales and service consultants to become the most knowledgeable insurance agents in the business.
As we grow, you will need to have a scalable system that will be easy to follow by new team members as well as training for existing and experienced reps. This means creating reference guides and constantly looking for opportunities to make our operations team more efficient and productive.
A day in the life could include:
- Build, review, refine, and introduce new training materials for sales and customer service agents to facilitate learning insurance concepts, prepare for licensing exams, and general sales and service skills
- Evaluate and suggest revisions for topics with focus on efficient communication and questions to collect information and identify concerns early in the sales process
- Structure programs and best practices as we launch new states and product offerings
- Audit practices to ensure ongoing compliance
- Monitor and recognize agent training opportunities through data analysis in fast paced call center environment
- Develop and maintain user knowledge-bases and reference guides
- Identify opportunities to increase production and profitability
- Regularly review and provide feedback on communication technologies and practices (phones, messaging, e-mail, etc.) and give feedback on ways to improve
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years of experience in personal lines insurance, preferred focus in homeowners
- 3+ years in a training role
- Outstanding communication skills, especially around presenting and facilitating training to a variety of skills and experience levels
- Self-starter with the ability to start and drive training initiatives to completion
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with and without an LMS system
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Medical, Dental, VisionCommuter Benefit Plans, Flex Spending Accounts, Disability InsuranceFlexible PTO, 401k, Life Insurance
These are just some of the benefits we provide!