Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Interninsurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. Today, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida and has recently expanded to California.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
The QA Engineer will be central to our software development and deployment process, primarily responsible for writing and executing test plans, manual testing, and running and interpreting results of automated tests. This person will collaborate closely with software development and product management teams, as well as stakeholders to ensure adherence to Kin’s strategic goals while managing risk.
A day-in-the-life could include:
- Write and execute test plans to ensure development outputs meet acceptance criteria, technical specifications, and product goals
- Document software defects in bug tracking system, monitor bug resolutions, and verify fixed defects
- Investigate, test, and debug complex insurance related and software issues
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with various teams to determine root cause and resolution
- Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of large and complex projects
- Identify opportunities for test automation
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 3+ years of software testing experience
- Insurance industry experience
- Background in software testing and product knowledge in the design of tests
- Experience with QA techniques, such as black box, white box, and gray box approaches for smoke, regression, functional, user acceptance, and exploratory testing
- Experience using Git or other source code management tools
- Experience with deployments, CI/CD tools, DVCS, and comfortable with database migrations
- Test automation experience a plus with frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber or Capybara
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts