Here at Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges head on, breaking down walls, yet remaining chill about it.
So, what’s the role?
As the associate insurance underwriter, you will develop into an expert in Personal Lines Property insurance writing. The underwriter works with senior underwriters to collect and review documentation to ensure positive risk selection. On the job training will consist of meeting with the underwriting and product staff to review physical inspections, discuss the desirable and undesirable characteristics of a home that protect or contribute to losses, and some self-studying. Our goal for you is to develop an underwriting appetite, one that drives efficiency and seeks new ways to think about risk assessment to help build a seamless customer experience, resulting in profitable business.
A day in the life could include:
- Creating underwriting documents and templates to establish standard underwriting positions
- Review inspections in a timely manner and identify all hazards with recommendations on how to correct the adverse conditions
- Communicate underwriting decisions with agents, and help build the collective insurance knowledge base
- Coordinate with the insurance team to develop new ways to evaluate risk and identify ways to improve customer workflows and automation
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Previous Personal Lines Property work experience, preferably in underwriting or operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and critical thinking to identify the strengths and areas of improvement for alternative approaches to problems
- Analytical minded and data-driven
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Clear and concise communication evidencing logical thinking - you’re comfortable being challenged and engaging in professional debate
- Knowledge of agency and investor guidelines and familiarity with loan documentation - we want you to be familiar with reading and interpreting guidelines
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Commuter Benefit Plans, Flex Spending Accounts, Disability Insurance
Flexible PTO, 401k, Life Insurance
These are just some of the benefits we provide!