Performance Marketing Manager
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Intern Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. Today, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida and has recently expanded to California.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is looking for an experienced marketing professional to own Kin’s performance marketing channels. This person will work side by side with our sales, design, and product teams to focus on growing Kin’s customer base. They will allocate and optimize a growing budget for paid search, digital direct acquisition, and remarketing channels. We want to hire someone who enjoys the data side of marketing, always seeking to optimize results and maximize ROI.
A day in the life could include:
- Researching and implementing new campaigns and tests
- Cross-functional ownership of customer experience from first site visit through policy renewal
- Coordination between design, engineering and product to improve customer experience
- Analyzing campaign and product metrics to create a queue of experiments
- Building and executing a plan for additional state and product roll outs
- Optimizing budget and acquisition costs
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 2+ years experience with direct channel management, including paid search
- Experience in a startup environment or fast growing company
- Experience with direct new channel discovery LPO experience
- Management of $3mm annual marketing portfolio or greater
- Analytical - you can put together reports and make recommendations based on findings
- Collaborative - you are comfortable working with people from across all departments to drive great user experiences and conversion
- Comfortable with tools such as Looker, Excel, and SQL
- Experience with business to consumer marketing
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office