At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
At Kin, we are modernizing and simplifying a 100-year-old industry by building our product suite from the ground up, and in case it’s not obvious, our customers are our top priority. The BI Analyst owns reporting and analytics for our operations team – working with internal leadership to define and report KPI; collaborating with engineering to ingest, clean, and analyze data from multiple resources; and delivering actionable insights across multiple teams.
A day-in-the-life could include:
- Develop operational dashboards and custom regulatory reports
- Work with engineering on ETL and data warehousing
- Pull and combine data from disparate sources
- Develop self-service and scalable reporting
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years of data analytics / reporting experience
- BI report and dashboard experience, preferably with Looker
- SQL expertise
- ETL experience, preferably Ruby or Python
- PostGRES or RedShift experience
- Interest or experience in highly regulated and / or startup environment(s)
- Passion for telling stories with data
We’ve got you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!