Jr. QA Analyst
Development Operations – Quality Assurance
Title: Jr Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (not open to remote candidates)
Compensation: Competitive Salary and Benefits Plan
Kinduct Technologies (www.kinduct.com) is a leading data and analytics software provider that is changing the
way information shapes human performance. Kinduct’s highly secure, cloud-based platform allows sports,
health and wellness organizations to spend less time managing their data and more time using it to inform
decisions, promote constant improvements and produce exceptional results. Kinduct is the software provider
of choice for many world-leading professional and elite sport organizations across the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL,
MLS and other professional and elite leagues. A number of Kinduct clients are world champions in their sport.
Kinduct’s investors include Intel Capital, CFFI Ventures Inc., and Elysian Park Ventures.
The Kinduct team comes together as an eclectic mix of talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and
experiences. This diversity is a source of pride in a corporate culture that places a premium on values of
collaboration, teamwork, communication, and personal growth. As a fast-growing company making the leap
from startup to ‘scaleup’, we expect a lot from our staff. In turn, we provide a flexible, fun and supportive work
environment, where everyone has a chance to contribute their best, grow professionally, and have a laugh
along the way.
As a company serving the performance, health and wellness markets, we practice what we preach with health
and wellness initiatives and fun fitness challenges. Most of all, we function like a family, not a machine. With
frequent social and charitable initiatives, in-house festivities, and team building events, we have a corporate
culture where coming to work is something to look forward to. We love working here and, if you like what you
see, we’d love to hear from you.
Working as a Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting in the development,
maintenance and execution of manual and automated test scripts to support a wide variety of web-based and
mobile technologies and products. Additional responsibilities include ongoing regression testing, defect
validation and retesting, investigating, troubleshooting and effectively documenting software issues, while
liaising closely with the development team, project management team, senior management and project
stakeholders, as required.
- Execution of testing activities on a project to project and ad hoc basis, which includes detecting, verifying and accurately reporting issues in a defect tracking system;
- Creation and maintenance of testing documentation, such as test plans and test cases, with exceptional organization detail;
- Provide input to the QA Lead for related test activities and dependencies;
- Working within the defect tracking system, maintaining and uploading defects and managing the status of assigned tickets within the workflow;
- Communicate with Agile Teams and Developers, Client Success Managers, Product Specialist(s) to understand the requirements and track, investigate and verify bugs and issues;
- Communicate issues and risks and participate in discussions regarding project testing status as required;
- Build relations with team members and other stakeholders in order to communicate effectively.
- Applicable post-secondary education;
- Experience in software, web and mobile testing in a Quality Assurance role with knowledge of industry testing and best practices considered an asset (e.g. Customer Support, Testing, etc.);
- Proven knowledge and experience using bug tracking and team collaboration software (eg. Jira, Confluence, HPQC, etc);
- Ability to write and execute test cases based off of requirements and use case documentation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience or knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies;
- Experience in Web Automation tools is a plus (eg. Selenium, etc);
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment on multiple concurrent projects;
- Proficiency with business productivity applications, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Office;
- Experience or exposure to sports, the sporting industry and/or the healthcare industry would be considered an asset.
- Takes initiative with seeking out tasks, communication, and updating status;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure;
- Be willing to ask for assistance when roadblocks impede progress;
- Show exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to define requirements and manage tasks with multiple deadlines;
- Display reliability, integrity and trustworthiness;
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skill;
- Display creative and innovative thinking;
- Show a commitment to learning;
- Display a commitment to health and wellness;
- Acceptance of differences in team members and a strong commitment to teamwork, cooperation and healthy behaviours.