Technical Product Manager - Integrations and Ad Platforms
Remote - USA /
Build a better world with us at Kinsa!
We are looking for a technical product manager who has a track record of driving growth in adtech and media to lead the productization of Kinsa’s media optimization business. You will collaborate with external and internal stakeholders, including but not limited to data science, data engineering, and sales, to lead the strategy and execution of our product development and platform integrations for programmatic advertising. This is an opportunity to leverage Kinsa’s novel dataset, an early warning system for infectious disease, to help our customers make critical business decisions. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to apply their technical background, writing and communication skills, and digital media experience to shape Kinsa’s future and make a real difference in the world.
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, MSNBC, Bloomberg, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah etc. Turn on the TV, open the paper… We are making headlines bringing our Data to the fight. We’ve done this by successfully transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill. Thanks to our engaged consumer base, Kinsa has developed an early warning system that provides insights on where illness is rising. Our enterprise customers rely on those insights to make critical business decisions, especially in a world where COVID-19 has led to unpredictability in their industries.
This role will spearhead the discovery and development of products in the media optimization space with our users, drive the technical design and roadmap for media platform integrations, and own the APIs that power our customers’ insights, You will collaborate with multiple functions across Kinsa to ensure high quality deliverables and maintain focus on revenue generation.
What you'll do:
- Lead integrations with demand side platforms (DSPs), ad platforms and retailer ad networks - Partner with sales, marketing, and data engineering to prioritize and oversee media integrations to create technical documentation and specifications that enable the flow of programmatic media content to users through multiple online and social media channels
- Create user manuals and guides for the data integrations and partnerships - Collaborate with marketing and customer success to generate standard, easily digestible user guides that increase user onboarding time
- Support sales and customer success conversations - Partner with the sales team to give presentations to current and prospective customers to ensure they understand the product features
- Deliver user-centered products to drive revenue growth and retention - Lead user research and assess technical feasibility for new use cases within the media and programmatic advertising spaces. Collaborate with design to aggregate user feedback and turn it into product specifications for the software engineering team
- Enhance Kinsa’s data capabilities - Work with other product managers, data science, and data engineering to prioritize and guide the development of new data capabilities and supporting documentation to meet the needs of your customers
- Manage Kinsa’s portfolio of application programming interfaces (APIs) - Understand customer and internal stakeholder technical requirements to build and manage APIs that meet critical business needs
About you & Core Skills:
- You have a strong desire to use your skills to have a widespread impact on people and growing the business—we are a mission-first company
- 2+ years experience in product management; highly analytical, with strong written and communication skills
- Subject matter experience in regards to consumer packaged goods (CPG) advertising, programmatic media, and digital products at scale
- Experience building APIs and working with external partners to document technical specifications
- Strong understanding of how web applications are built, ability to participate in technical decisions and write SQL queries
- Demonstrated ability to work across technical functions (e.g. data science, data analytics, data engineering) and build consensus
- Knowledge of product discovery processes; emphasis on experience conducting needs assessments through user research
- A growth and experiments driven mindset with a proven ability to execute and deliver metrics-based results, even under pressure
- Ability to create structure out of ambiguity and seek guidance as needed
- You thrive in a fast-paced and evolving startup environment. Proactive in identifying team needs and willing to pitch in where needed.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, requirements specification software (e.g. Atlassian JIRA), dashboarding software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI), project management software (e.g. Confluence, Notion), design/prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Miro)
At Kinsa, we are on a mission to curb the spread of infectious illness through earlier detection and earlier response. It’s a lofty goal that can only be achieved through the collective efforts of a committed and cohesive team. Our five Team Values describe the environment we cultivate and the traits we look for in our teammates:
Be an Owner
We take ownership over the problems we work on and are focused on identifying effective solutions.
Be The Person You Want To Work With
We are considerate and inclusive of our colleagues. We mutually set expectations and aim to exceed them.
Prove, Then Move
We employ small-scale testing of initiatives, using limited resources before investing more heavily.
Be Worthy Of Our Users’ (And Colleagues’) Trust
We listen, use good judgment, and are honest—especially when things aren’t going well.
Be A Force Multiplier
We make our team better through collaborative support, respectful feedback, and, if necessary, thoughtful dissent.