Executive Assistant to the CEO
Remote - USA /
General & Administrative /
Do you want to use your skills to help change the world? Join us!
I founded Kinsa with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19, and I am looking for someone to work directly with me (Inder Singh) to help me make that happen. I will rely on you to make sure I’m prepared (e.g., knowing who I’m meeting with, why and when), efficient and effective (e.g., ensuring that I am prioritizing urgent matters and following up appropriately).
In sum, you will be an extension of myself, clearing a path to help me focus on the critical pieces to drive Kinsa forward and accomplish our mission.
● Task and Time Management - Record all tasks assigned and committed to in meetings and emails, prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, consistently stay up to date and communicate priorities and urgency effectively.
● Calendar Management - Manage my time with confidence and sound judgement (push back if I get distracted on lower priority work!), maintain and update my schedule amid rapid changes and competing priorities, and ensure all meetings are set up for success (with accurate locations, confirmed attendees, contact details, links, codes, and enough time for everyone to arrive in time and debrief if necessary)
● Communications - Create emails and follow-ups based on my dictation and rough direction (I hope you’ll pick up and be able to mimic my simple, direct communications style quickly, but with fewer grammatical mistakes!), scan and extract valuable information communicated via email, and alert me of any urgent emails that need to be seen or acted on - and remove unnecessary noise from my inbox
● Internet Research - You may need to dig through the internet/Linkedin to find contacts, titles and connections, prep me with basic background information for meetings (e.g. population and politics of a certain state or country, information about a business prospect), and keep abreast of breaking news in the field of public health so I am never caught off-guard.
● Relationship Management - Engage with business and government contacts as needed, ensuring we cultivate relationships and keep supporters updated on key Kinsa news and updates.
● Special projects - Things move quickly and pop up regularly at Kinsa. I may need you to help me surprise/celebrate an employee, solve a travel disaster or help me recruit a tough candidate. In this role, jumping in with urgency (sometimes at inopportune times of day or week) will be a necessary part of the job.
● At least 2 years of experience working as a high-level admin at the executive level
● Comfort working in high velocity environments
● Extremely detail-oriented mindset and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
● Proactive, “hungry” attitude, interested in going the extra mile to keep things running smoothly
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (you will be coordinating with important business and political contacts)
● A positive, can-do attitude and personality to match. This is serious, critical work but we’ll get nowhere if we burn out!
● Flexibility with the changing priorities and challenging timelines that come in a startup environment
● Strong level of independence and efficiency, including in a remote work environment
There are four key characteristics of our team that we hope are traits you have as well:
Be Passionate: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
Be Committed:We are committed to our mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to change the face of public health and save hundreds of thousands of lives in the process. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. Our time is now.
Be Efficient: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving one of the most important public health problems of our time requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity are all welcome and greatly valued at Kinsa. We are as proud of our differences as we are of our shared passion for stopping the spread of infectious illness, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds and experiences to realize our mission.