Senior Product Designer / Product Designer
Design a better world with us at Kinsa!
Great design is at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for a Product Designer who
thrives on creating delightful, intuitive experiences for our mobile apps. There is no shortage of exciting design challenges at Kinsa! Your designs will touch over a million lives as our connected products are now sold in more than 8,000 stores nationwide. Our products help people, schools, and communities stay healthy while advancing our broader mission: to create a real time map of human health in order to track — and stop — the spread of disease.
Our products continue to win numerous design, tech and parenting awards, and have been
featured in an Apple TV commercial, The New York Times, CBS This Morning, CNN, NBC News, CBS News, The Today Show, Good Morning America, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, and many more!
Could this be a great career move for you?
· Are you driven by great design and user experience, and have a strong foundation in mobile product design?
· Are you keen on owning and delivering on the design direction for major features and products?
· Do you have experience driving end-to-end design, working closely with product managers and engineering teams to deliver world-class products?
· Are you passionate about advocating for and solving the needs of the end user? Want to have a huge impact on the day to day lives of families across the country?
· Want to see your designs quickly translated into real world products?
· Want to change the world for the better? If so….. keep reading!
- Create delightful, intuitive, and empowering user experiences for our iOS and Android mobile apps
- Collaborate on all aspects of the design process including user research, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing and visual design
- Drive user testing and help your teammates understand our users’ needs and goals
- Partner with our engineering team to solve complex problems and deliver clear design specifications and assets
- Communicate your design decisions clearly and effectively to the team
- Critically analyze the success of your solutions and iterate quickly on new ideas
- Mentor junior designers
- A desire to use your skills to have a widespread impact on people
- 3 - 8 years experience in a product or UI/UX design role, with a focus on consumer- facing mobile products
- End-to-end native mobile app design experience: you’ve led the design of multiple features which were subsequently launched to end users
- Proficiency in Sketch and Zeplin
- Experience with industry tools like Invision, Marvel, Principle, Jira, Confluence
- Self-motivated, thrive in fast-paced environment, experienced working in agile teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in design, HCI or relevant creative field
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in a startup environment is a big plus
- Experience creating or managing design systems
- With your resume, please send a link to your portfolio which showcases at least one end-to-end native mobile project. If not already included in your portfolio, please also send details about the problem you were solving for, your design process, any challenges you faced, and outcomes of the project.
At Kinsa we are driven by our mission to track and stop the spread of contagious illness. We’ve
done this by transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer -
into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have
just fallen ill. We are technologists, designers and health professionals who have built best-
selling products, started successful ventures, and brought life-saving treatments to millions of
people. We are backed by successful entrepreneurs and top VCs like Kleiner Perkins, GSR
Ventures and FirstMark Capital.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.