Senior Product Manager, Consumer Mobile Apps
Remote - USA /
Build a better world with us at Kinsa!
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who has a track record of – and passion for – building and growing successful consumer (B2C) products. The products you create will help our users better prepare for and respond to illness, so they can take action to protect themselves and their communities.
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, MSNBC, Bloomberg, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah etc. Turn on the TV, open the paper… We are making headlines bringing our Data to the fight. We’ve done this by successfully transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes – the thermometer – into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill.
In this role, you will own and drive the roadmap for key feature sets within Kinsa’s B2C mobile applications. Our top-rated mobile apps help guide users from the first sign of sickness through recovery, answering questions like ‘Is my child’s fever serious?’, ‘When should I go to the doctor?’, and ‘Which illnesses are going around in my area?’. You will be responsible for translating user needs and business objectives into features and products that delight, engage and empower our users. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience building successful consumer products to make a real difference in the world.
What You’ll Do
● Solve hard problems - Partner with our designers and engineers to solve hard problems - for our users and for the business. Deliver effective solutions through end-to-end involvement, from the initial strategy and ideation process to requirements definition, to delivery and analysis of results.
● Empower your team with actionable insights - Leverage user discovery techniques, rapid iteration and testing, and product analytics to identify and prioritize new opportunities to meet our business objectives. Evaluate results against desired outcomes and empower the team by effectively communicating those insights.
● Shape Kinsa’s product strategy -Work with cross-functional stakeholders and senior leadershipto inform strategy and vision for our consumer products.
● You have a strong desire to use your skills to have a positive impact on people—we are a mission-first company
● 3+ years relevant work experience in B2C product management (ideally focused on mobile products), with a track record of launching and optimizing top-notch consumer products
● Passionately user-centric, highly empathetic, and resourceful in discovering and delivering on user and business needs
● Highly analytical; demonstrated ability to derive actionable insights from data and translate those insights into iterative product improvements
● Demonstrated ability for simplifying the complex, knowing how to derive 80% of the value with 20% of the effort
● Prior startup experience; you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have an ability to create structure out of ambiguity
● Superior oral and written communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence and engage collaboratively with engineers, designers and company leaders
● Experience leading agile ceremonies; familiarity with software development processes and tools, as well as product analytics tools
At Kinsa, we are on a mission to curb the spread of infectious illness through earlier detection and earlier response. It’s a lofty goal that can only be achieved through the collective efforts of a committed and cohesive team. Our five Team Values describe the environment we cultivate and the traits we look for in our teammates:
Be an Owner
We take ownership over the problems we work on and are focused on identifying effective solutions.
Be The Person You Want To Work With
We are considerate and inclusive of our colleagues. We mutually set expectations and aim to exceed them.
Prove, Then Move
We employ small-scale testing of initiatives, using limited resources before investing more heavily.
Be Worthy Of Our Users’ (And Colleagues’) Trust
We listen, use good judgment, and are honest—especially when things aren’t going well.
Be A Force Multiplier
We make our team better through collaborative support, respectful feedback, and, if necessary, thoughtful dissent.